Saturday, October 11, 2014

Body Image

This is a topic that I feel I really needed to talk about today. I have had a really hard time with my own body image for the last few years, but the last few weeks have been particularly hard for me. So I wanted to speak out about it and maybe through my own words, others will find some strength.

I know that I am more then my body. I am more then the weight I gained with my baby. I am more then my diastisis recti. I am more then the number on a scale or the number on my jeans.

I am a mother. I am a wife. I am an opera singer. I am sister and friend.

I am beautiful.

I AM beautiful.

I am BEAUTIFUL!

I have worth outside of the physical form I am in. I have something to give to the world, to my family and my community. I am the sum of more then the scale, but of the experiences of my life. I will give, and continue to give of myself to others through service and music.

Even as I write this, I hear the voice in my head fighting against these words. Even as the tears run down my cheeks, I know that the only way to let go of the anger and shame I feel toward my body is to declare otherwise.

I am more then a scale.

I am more then a number.

I am infinitely strong, and only need to be reminded of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment